Friday, April 27, 2007

central highlands



This little pink sweetie almost came home with me. I just didn't think I'd get him over the border. He watched me and moved my way a bit and then backed off over and over again.

Guanajuato is one of my favorite towns in Mexico. It's built above tunnels designed by the Spanish and built by indigenous slave labor. The tunnels seem endless and it's hard to believe the cab driver knows which is the right one to take but they never seem to get lost.

The center of town is the Teatro Juarez. At night the square across the street fills up with people watching other people. Mariachi and street performers come out and entertain those sitting on the steps of the theatre or eating in one the restaurants. It's a very lovely and tranquillo town.

No comments: